My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Monday, March 1, 2010

Mon 3/1/10


“Focus on your potential instead of your limitations” - Alan Loy McGinnis


I swam 12 laps at lunch today, which I am not that happy about because I wanted to do 15. I was feeling a little tired and sore, so 12 is pretty good.

Tonight was kind of funny, I went to train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at a Tae Kwon Do school that had a big
Karate sign out front, with a bunch of guys that mainly wrestled with me...

I helped them with basics, but the best part was when I got caught in a reverse triangle choke while rolling with one of the blue belts. The feeling was weird because I got caught off guard, then started to feel the choke set in, and then thought "wow, this weird move is actually choking me!". I stayed calm, defended, and got out, but was more happy for the guy who did it. He asked me what he did wrong and I had no idea as I have never really used that move, so I had to do it to him. First I got the choke, then I told him how I defended it , and then I found a way to adjust my body to get a better angle on the choke and also had a set up for a sweep.

It is always great to be able to learn something new even though you are instructing or assisting.

I'm hoping to swim again (15 laps!) and looking forward to lifting weights at night.

Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers