My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wed 1/27/10


"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph" - Author Unknown

Yea!!!!!!!!!!! I finally had a full workout!!!!

It wasn't anything fancy or with heavy weight, but it's the first one in 3 weeks.

I did have a little bit of trouble and was close to over doing it. I started with a warm up 3 min fast paced run on the treadmill, no prob. Then I started to stretch and the problems began. My legs were so tight, I had a bit of pain. I did some push ups after I stretched and then was ready for the workout. I tried to keep it simple and light, but worked most of my body, here it is:

Chest - 3 super sets of bench press x 8 reps & pec deck x 10 reps

Legs - Squats - 2 sets x 10 reps

I wanted to do some pull ups, but they caused a little pain in my side, so I skipped them. So I did

Back/Shoulders - 3 super sets of T bar rows x 8 reps & T bar 1 handed shoulder press x 8 reps

Core - 3 sets if dumbbell swings x 6 reps

Bis/Tris - 3 super sets of bar curls x 5 reps & weighted dips x 8 reps

Stretched - protein shake - shower - shaved head...

I had a shaky start but once I got going I didn't want to stop, which was bad. I have been injured in the past and worked through it, but made the injury worse or it took longer to heal. I don't want to do that this time. Some times being tough is being patient.

My kids are happy that I am working out again because they enjoy working out (playing) in the workout room also.

I hope to have two MA workout partners come over tomorrow, but will still take it light.

A friend of mine who lifts weight and does MMA asked me why is it that we put our selves through all of the pain, injuries, and time of training...I hope to have an answer to that, but first I need to remember why I started in the first place. I should have an answer to both tomorrow.

Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers