My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tues 2/16/10

“Competing in sports has taught me that if I'm not willing to give 120 percent, somebody else will.” - Ron Blomberg







Today we warmed up with 5 mins on treadmill, 3 sets of handstand walks with feet on wall for 16', and then stretch.

Workout:

Round 1-

Sprawls -
Shoots - on bungee
Positions/Scrambles on bag
Medicine Ball slams
Push ups on Stability ball
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on stand up bag
Rest 60 sec

Round 2-

Burpees -
Ball Slams -
Knees on stability ball with bungee attached to waist
Jump squats -
Hand walks with feet on stability ball -
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 60 sec

Round 3

Shoots with partner lift -
Technical stand up -
Clinch with partner -
Bear crawls -
Shoots with bungee -
Bag -
Rest 60 secs

Round 4

Treadmill 30 secs
Clinch 30 secs
Tread mill 30 secs

Then we did some 3 min drills

Clinch to take down - 3 mins
Focus mitts - worked punches and take downs
Passing open guard -
Ground control - staying busy and switching side/positions -
Take down up against the cage - Pushing partner up against cage, dirty boxing, and taking them down away from cage to stop wall craw -
Defending back and the choke while partner has back - controlling arm and turning
Dead lift 100lb heavy bag, carry for 32 feet 3 times
12lb medicine ball twists 2 sets on 10
12lb medicine ball sit up throws 2 sets of 10
Sparring - partner padded up to punch and kick fighter to get in and take down using punches, head movement, circle away from power hand, and fakes - two 3 min rounds

Cool down was bear crawls and crab walks for 16 feet x 10 sets - stretch

Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers