My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thurs 2/4/10


"That's my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back. If it's not positive , I didn't hear it. If you can over come that, fights are easy." - George Foreman


I swam 11 laps and ran in the water for 1 lap today, getting better.
Today my friend Brandon came over to workout, so I didn't go to my other friends school.
I warmed up with 3 mins of jumping rope and then stretched. Then we did:
3 min round of moving around evading punches. I did well, making sure to move side to side, not back wards. Brandon got caught a couple of times, but he did good.
3 min round on the focus mitts, making sure to circle away from the power hand and ducking and countering with either a 2-3 or 3-2 depending on what side the punch was thrown from.
3 min round on the focus mitts, but this time I made sure to start every punch combo with a jab and end every punch combo with a jab.
It felt good to do some boxing, but I was a bit winded.
The we decided to roll. We did a 3 min pass the guard/sweep drill, then we rolled.
We did no gi, but I did well, getting control and submitting him a few times. Still, I think tonight was the best Brandon ever did against me. I told him a few things about passing my guard and he used them well, passing my guard 2 or 3 times. I was able to escape his side control, but he did well.
I am going to try and swim tomorrow at lunch and lift weights at night. TGIF!!!!
Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers