My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wed 2/17/10

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.” - Omar Bradley








Today at lunch I swam 12 laps, then at night I did 5 sets of bench press x 8 reps and 5 sets of pull ups x 5 reps.


MMA training -


Warm up:


Agility ladder feet with 12 lb medicine ball - 3 mins

Agility ladder hands - 3 mins

Stretch


Workout:

Round 1-

Sprawls on stability ball -
Shoots/lift/slams on 100lb heavy bag -
Scrambles on bag
Medicine Ball slams on heavy bag
Push ups on Stability ball
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on stand up bag
Rest 60 sec

Round 2-

Burpees -
Ball Slams -
Mountain climbers on stability ball -
Jump squats -
Push ups on medicine ball -
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 60 sec

Round 3

Shoots with partner lift -
Technical stand up -
Clinch with partner against cage -
Bear crawls -
Shoots with partner lift -
Bag -
Rest 60 secs

Round 4

Spar 30 secs
shoots with partner lift 30 secs
Grapple 30 secs
Sprawls 30 secs
Spar 60 secs

Rest 2 min

3 min drills:

Head movement and foot work to get inside and clinch or shoot -
Cage control and take downs -
Spar -
Pass open guard -
Defend subs from closed guard and escape -
Scramble from back to get on top or stand up -
Spar -

Cool down:

Sea Turtles 96'
Partner carry sprints 128'
Medicine ball throws
Stretch


Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers