My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Monday, February 15, 2010

Mon 2/15/10

"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender." ~ Vince Lombardi





I didn't get to lift much today because I had to coach my friend for his MMA fight in two weeks. This is what we did:

Warm up - 3 mins agility ladder - feet (he held a 12lb medicine ball in front of him)
3 mins agility ladder - hands
3 mins clinch fight

Workout: Three 3 min rounds, 6 exercises 30 sec each, 1 min rest between rounds




Round 1-

Sprawls -
Shoots - on bungee
Positions/Scrambles on bag
Medicine Ball slams
Push ups on Medicine ball
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, and elbows on stand up bag-
Rest 60 sec

Round 2-

Burpees -
Ball Slams -
Knees on stability ball with bungee attached to waist
Jump pull ups -
Bear crawls -
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 60 sec

Round 3

Shoots with partner lift -
Technical stand up -
Clinch with partner -
Bear crawls -
Shoots with bungee -
Bag -
Rest 2 mins

Then we did some 3 min drills

Clinch to take down - 3 mins
Sparring - partner padded up to punch and kick fighter to get in and take down using punches, head movement, circle away from power hand, and fakes - 3 mins
Take down up against the cage - Pushing partner up against cage, dirty boxing, and taking them down away from cage to stop wall crawl.
Passing guard -
Ground control - staying busy and switching side/positions
Defending while in guard - Safety position, stacking, posture, and backing out
Defending the choke while partner has back - controlling arm and turning

We ended with a pyramid of push ups, pull ups, & body weight squats - reps 1,2,3,4,5,5,4,3,2,1

I did 5 sets of bench press x 5 reps
5 sets of pull ups x 5 reps

Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers