My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mon 2/1/10


"To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself, is a tragedy." - Cus D'Amato
It is hard not to get discouraged...every time I get to the weight I want to be at or start lifting heavier weights, something happens. Still, I have to force myself not to over do it and turn a small injury into a big one.
Here is my workout from tonight:
Warm up - 2 mins agility ladder feet - 2 mins agility ladder hands (this was pretty tough for me, barely finished all sets in the 2 mins) - stretched
Chest - 1 set pec deck x 50 reps
4 sets bench press x 5 reps (I increased the weight each set but still did not get up to where I was before the injury)

Multi joint - 3 sets clean & press x 5 reps (it was pretty sad)
Back - 4 sets pull ups x 3 reps (pitiful, but last week it hurt to do any)
Tris (core)/bis - 3 Super sets dips with feet on stability ball x 10 reps & dumbbell curls x 6 reps
Legs - 3 sets lunge jumps x 8 reps
Stretch - shake - shower
Tomorrow I hope to swim at lunch and either BJJ or some boxing at night. As my buddy Tony Horton (P90X guy, I don't really know him) says "do your best and forget the rest!".
Have a safe journey.


Followers