My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tues 2/23/10

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” - Sven Goran Eriksson




Today we had Tim's friend workout with us, who has had a few pro MMA fights. I was lazy today and didn't swim at lunch, but will make up for it tomorrow.






Warm up: 3 mins agility ladder - stretch

Workout: Four 3 min rounds, 6 exercises 30 sec each (extra 30 secs on 4th round, don't tell Tim), 1 min rest between rounds

Round 1-

Sprawls - on stability ball
Shoots - partner lift
Scrambles on partner
Medicine Ball slams standing
Push ups on bag
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, and elbows on stand up bag-
Rest 60 sec

Round 2-

Burpees -
Ball Slams on bag -
Knees on stability ball with bungee -
Hand walks with feet on stability ball -
Clinch -
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 60 sec

Round 3

Shoots with bungee -
Technical stand up -
Clinch with partner -
Bear crawls -
Jump squats -
Bag -

Round 4

Treadmill - 30 secs -
Shoots with partner lift - 30 sec -
Treadmill - 30 sec
ball slams standing -
Treadmill - 30 secs
Clinch - 30 secs
Treadmill - 30 secs
rest 2 mins

Tim rolled with Chris for 2 mins then with me for two mins, no rest in between


3 min drills:


Clinched for take downs -

Sparred -

Sparred -


Ground: - back control, defending subs, switching positions, posture


Cool down: Crunches - Stretch


Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers