My photo
I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a child, I'm a brother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I'm a fighter, I'm a lover, I'm a student, I'm a teacher,

Friday, February 19, 2010

Thurs 2/18/10

" Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe






I didn't get to post last night because I was playing the New Super Mario Brothers on the Wii with my wife. I didn't swim yesterday, but here is the MMA training I did with Tim.

Warm up:

5 mins on treadmill with sprints -
10 pull ups -
10 each side 100lb heavy bag lift & slams -
Duck walks -
Stretch

Workout: Three 3 min rounds, 6 exercises 30 sec each, 1 min rest between rounds

Round 1-

Sprawls -
Shoots - partner lift
Scrambles on bag
Medicine Ball slams on bag
Push ups on Medicine ball
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, and elbows on stand up bag-
Rest 60 sec

Round 2-

Burpees -
Ball Slams on bag-
Mountain climbers on stability ball
Wall clinch -
Heavy bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 60 sec

Round 3

Shoots with partner lift -
Technical stand up -
Clinch with partner -
Bear crawls -
Shoots with bungee -
Bag -

Round 4

Run in place holding medicine ball -
Shoots with partner lift -
Medicine ball hold -
Grapple -
Run in place holding medicine ball -
Bag - work punches, knees, elbows, shoots, and sprawls on a stand up bag-
rest 2 mins

3 min drills:


Take downs -
Cage control and take downs -
Spar -
Pass open guard -
Defend subs from closed guard and escape -
Work guard - hold down & stand up -
Spar -

Cool down:

100 punches on bungee

Have a safe journey.

No comments:

Followers